Terms of Service
By accessing any website owned by Paradigm Programming LLC, you agree to the Terms of Service, Rules, and website-specific TOS and Rules (collectively referred to as the "Terms of Service" or "ToS"). The ToS may be altered at any time without notice. All users are required to follow the ToS at all times. If you do not agree to these terms, you must stop accessing any and all of Paradigm's sites.
Paradigm Programming LLC is also referred to as: "company", "Paradigm", "PPLLC".
"The sites" refers to any game or website owned by Paradigm.
"You", "player", "member", "user" refer to anyone who accesses the sites.
You must be at least 13 years of age to access any site unless specifically stated otherwise. Users under the age of 13 must obtain parental permission to access the sites.
Your ability to access the sites is a privilege which may be taken away at any time for any reason.
It is your responsibility to remain up-to-date with the rules, Terms of Service, and other important documents.
No refunds are available for any game owned by Paradigm for any reason. Users who break the rules can and WILL have their accounts suspended and/or permanently banned. Account features and privileges can be restricted or denied at any time for any reason; no notice must be given to the owner of the accounts that have been affected.
The sites are services provided as-is and make no guarantees of how long they will be in operation, if the sites will undergo downtime, if the sites will be sold, etc. Paradigm is under no obligation to continue or alter its services or to provide compensation to users for downtime. Members acknowledge this and access the sites knowing that they will not be refunded for time lost. In the unlikely event that any of Paradigm's sites should cause harm to a player's computer, person, or anything else, Paradigm will not be held responsible; the user has agreed that the site is accessed at his or her own risk.
Users are responsible for and accept complete liability of any and all content they choose to display on the sites. If a member posts something that is copyrighted, it is the member who will be held responsible for it, not Paradigm. Inappropriate content (such as pornography or illegal material) may cause Paradigm to take legal action against the person who posted it.
The use of programs (internal or external) to automate features of the sites are illegal and charges will be pressed on anyone who uses such a device for the deliberate attempt to harm the server and game. The exceptions to this are the Standard Script and Miniscript on poormanshorse.net. These scripts are allowed by Paradigm.
User information may be affected by bugs in the sites. If this happens, users agree to accept this and not hold the company responsible for it. There are no guarantees that information will be restored to their previous state.
All images, code, and text belong to Paradigm Programming LLC. You will not steal, copy, plagarize, or in any other way claim the material to be yours. Material submitted to any of Paradigm's sites becomes the property of Paradigm Programming LLC.
If a user finds bugs, errors, inappropriate content, or something "not quite right", the user is required to report it and to not take advantage of the problem. Failure to report a bug is grounds for a ban.
By accessing the sites, users allow Paradigm to collect personal information such as e-mail addresses, birthdates, IP addresses, and more for its own marketing and tracking purposes. User information will not be sold to third-parties UNLESS that third-party is purchasing a site in its entirity. Children under the age of 13 must receive parental permission before joining any of Paradigm's sites.
Paradigm reserves the right to delete inactive accounts without warning. An inactive account is defined as a basic (not upgraded) account that has not been logged into in the past 30 days. In the event an account is deleted, everything owned by that account becomes the property of Paradigm.
In the event the company server is hacked and user information is compromised, you agree to not hold Paradigm responsible for the effects this may cause.
People under 13 years of age are not allowed to access any of the sites without parental permission. Some sites have further rules regarding age limits; these rules must be observed on the individual sites.
Paradigm collects e-mail addresses (at the time of joining; player specifically enters it), IP addresses, birthdates (same as e-mail addresses), and usage statistics (ongoing; as a player accesses the website). Emails are used for verifying accounts and banning players that have broken the Terms of Service. IP Addresses are collected for banning players that have broken the Terms of Service and to aid in the prevention of cheating on the game. Birthdates are collected to ensure players are old enough to play. Usage statistics are collected anonymously and used for optimization of the site and for marketing purposes. None of this information will ever be sold to a third party; however, should the site or company be sold, this information will transfer to the new owner.
Paradigm will provide user information to authorities as required by law.
Paradigm does not knowingly collect other personal information.
The Paradigm community is meant to encourage mature interaction amongst website members. As such, we have some rules that you are required to follow when posting any content on the community.
- Do not create more than one Paradigm Community account.
- DO NOT SHARE YOUR COMMUNITY LOGIN INFORMATION WITH ANYONE. Partners are absolutely not allowed.
- Do not link your community account to accounts on games with partners. This is for your own protection.
- Keep any content you post rated G, PG, or PG13.
- Don't spam. Spamming includes, but is not limited to, "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages" or creating an account with the main intention of advertising.
- No chatspeak. An occassional "lol", "brb", "u", and similar are allowed, but don't push it, please.
- Do You Know How To Play?
- i g2g. c u 2mrw.
- HeLlO!!! HoW aRe YoU???
- Avoid excessive punctuation.
- Swearing is permitted so long as it is used sparingly.
- Don't ask to be a moderator.
- Don't harass the moderators.
- If you have an issue with a moderator or feel you've been treated unfairly, please take it up with Amanda (the owner of Paradigm). She can help you; taking matters into your own hands WILL NOT HELP YOU.
- Misbehaving on the community site can get you permanently banned on the other sites as well! (Vice-versa applies as well.)
- Mini-modding is OK to an extent. If you feel someone breaking a rule, feel free to remind the player of the rule ONCE. If you feel the need to remind him/her more than once, you should report him/her to a moderator.
- Treat other members with respect. Everyone has their opinion: so long as it is tactfully stated, it is pretty much allowed (again, PG13-rated!).
- Use common sense for any interaction on the site. When you post content, if you feel that it may not be appropriate, ask a moderator before you do it.
- Do not bump topics. Bumping a topic means to post nonsense with the intent of bringing your post to the top of the topic list.
- Don't flood. Flooding is posting a message more than once or posting multiple messages at an accelerated rate.
- Post on the correct board. It's not rocket science.
- When roleplaying especially, be aware of what you type. Don't post something that's rated R.
- Don't be an annoying entity. This includes flamers, trolls, and so on.
Image Trove Rules
- When you submit an image to Paradigm, it becomes the property of Paradigm Programming LLC. You retain the right to claim original creation of the image and display it in your portfolio; you forfeit all other rights to that image to Paradigm.
- You may only submit your original artwork to Paradigm! You cannot submit someone else's work, derivatives of their work ("manips"), or anything you do not own the copyright to! If you do, you will be permanently banned from all sites. If you submit copyrighted work to Paradigm, you agree to be held responsible for all consequences regarding such action including, but not limited to, lawsuits and criminal charges.